Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

4 Blunders That Will Ruin Your Car’s All-Wheel Drive

This is one of the 4 listed in the article link below.

Having it towed with its wheels in contact with the road

When having a two-wheel drive vehicle towed by a tow truck, it’s generally okay to put the car in neutral and let the rear, non-drive wheels spin freely against the road. But if your car has all-wheel drive, you absolutely mustn’t let the wheels drag against the pavement. Always ask for a flatbed tow truck that will bring all four wheels off the pavement; never use a hook-and-chain or wheel lift tow truck. Otherwise, because all-wheel-drive systems are permanently engaged, the transmission will be wrecked.

https://thenewswheel.com/4-blunders-that-will-ruin-your-cars-all-wheel-drive/

A few years back, a local college news paper reporter wrote an article for all the college dummies about "tricks" the can do with their vehicles to keep them from getting towed. Like turning their wheels hard into the curb, setting the parking brake and even chaining two of their wheels together to keep them from rolling. It was comical. Especially when they were STILL getting towed because they would blaitiantly  park where they werent supposed to because they actually believed that crap and get charged more for the extra work or dollies etc... When they would ask me how I was able to tow their car, I would just tell them "dont believe everything you read in the papers".... They are some of the smartest dumb people I have ever met.

• Like 2

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

3 hours ago, TowZone said:

I like the chaining two wheels together! I carry Bolt Cutters...

As do I... lol

Had One Idiot who thought it would be a good idea to chain his car to the fire hydrant he was blocking.... I simply lifted the chain over the damn thing ( He left way too much slack in it ) and away we went... What was really comical is the officer chose to write another citation for damaging city property.. He chipped and scratched the paint on the hydrant while wrapping the chain around it.. Lmao.

Edited by GRUMPS The Towman
  • Like 2

23b2daad4c5242680180031344868671?s=100&d

Aaron is unashamed to be a native Clevelander and the proud driver of a Hyundai Veloster Turbo (which recently replaced his 1995 Saturn SC-2). He gleefully utilizes his background in theater, literature, and communication to dramatically recite his own articles to nearby youth. Mr. Widmar happily resides in Dayton, Ohio with his magnificent wife, Vicki, but is often on the road with her exploring new destinations. Aaron has high aspirations for his writing career but often gets distracted pondering the profound nature of the human condition and forgets what he was writing… See more articles by Aaron.

Well this explains a lot...should gleefully stick to theater.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hello from sunny (when its not raining) Orcas Island

On 8/21/2020 at 8:55 AM, GRUMPS The Towman said:

A few years back, a local college news paper reporter wrote an article for all the college dummies about "tricks" the can do with their vehicles to keep them from getting towed. Like turning their wheels hard into the curb, setting the parking brake and even chaining two of their wheels together to keep them from rolling. It was comical. Especially when they were STILL getting towed because they would blaitiantly  park where they werent supposed to because they actually believed that crap and get charged more for the extra work or dollies etc... When they would ask me how I was able to tow their car, I would just tell them "dont believe everything you read in the papers".... They are some of the smartest dumb people I have ever met.

I swear, I've always felt like this kind of "knowledge" gets passed around; now I know it's fact.  I deal with so many violators that think they were slick with all the "tricks" they played to keep from getting towed.  It's more work, but if I have a choice of which ones to get, I almost always go for the tougher ones.  I love a challenge, and I also prefer to load the ones that *know* they're in the wrong but parked there anyway.

20 hours ago, TowZone said:

I like the chaining two wheels together! I carry Bolt Cutters...

Ssshhhhh! : )  ; ) 

Richard

• Like 2

Me too !!! I always take the tough ones when I can. We here regularly will get called by P.D. for multiple vehicles parked illegally in areas such as near the gorges where the college kids go swimming and such. Of course all the rotation towers are called and the officer on scene will divvy up the tows as the trucks roll in. All the other companies go after the quick, easy ones and then I come along and will pick the tougher ones. Guys will trip over each other to get the Camry's, Civics and such, I will attack the Land Rovers up on the sidewalk or the low slung Mercedes blocking someones driveway.  Those are the ones I want. The ones that are trying to say F@#k you I'll park where I want. Well I enjoy saying F@#k you right back, your ride is now mine.... Better call daddy for impound $$..

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

Well, I got bored over the weekend and was looking at some posts and came across this.  I had to email them and they got back to me.

Hi, Tracy,

Thanks for reaching out about this article. We apologize for publishing erroneous information, and the article in question has been removed.

I definitely realize the importance of accurate information, especially when it comes to something like towing safety. We do strive to check our sources thoroughly, but this article slipped through the cracks. We'll do a better job moving forward of fact checking thoroughly during the editing process to avoid repeating this mistake again.

Thanks again, and happy holidays!
--
Cat Hiles
Managing Editor
TheNewsWheel.com
937-485-0663
  • Like 2

A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a great friend will ...