Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Limited Options

Thanks, Grumps

Alot of pictures, videos & time

Was told the car had been disabled there for several days trying to locate a tow company (luckily, gas station owner allowed Lamborghini owner to block gas pump until...)

Key fob not recognized & electic park brake on.   Roadside technician was unable to communicate with computer to release park brake

Go-Jaks would not fit & skates may of caused a jerking/shaking of drivetrain, suspension etc

Very nice.... i couldn't be bothered to waste the time attempting to get that car on a flatbed.  Using the auto loader and dollies is for sure the way to go.   It always drives me nuts having a vehicle owner that says it MUST go on a flatbed.

store_21169_logo_image_1613770811.png

2 hours ago, ESC said:

Very nice.... i couldn't be bothered to waste the time attempting to get that car on a flatbed.  Using the auto loader and dollies is for sure the way to go.   It always drives me nuts having a vehicle owner that says it MUST go on a flatbed.

They would have really not liked watching their expensive car get dragged up the deck, that's for sure!

Richard

3 hours ago, Njsss said:

Thanks, Grumps

Alot of pictures, videos & time

Was told the car had been disabled there for several days trying to locate a tow company (luckily, gas station owner allowed Lamborghini owner to block gas pump until...)

Key fob not recognized & electic park brake on.   Roadside technician was unable to communicate with computer to release park brake

Go-Jaks would not fit & skates may of caused a jerking/shaking of drivetrain, suspension etc

Nice work, my only concern with dollies on the steer tires is getting enough width on the bars so that the dolly frames can't contact the bodywork in turns.  I tend to spread them wider than I might normally do on the rears.  One then has to worry about flex on the bars allowing other unwanted contact underneath (and of course, damage to the bars themselves.)

Richard

Thanks

Due to the added front air dam package wheel lift did not fit.    Rear pick was only option.   ITD positive camber dolly crossbars worked great with plenty of clearance when set & raised. The initial raise HAD to be done in proper sequence to avoid any contact, was a bit time consuming but worked well

Edited by Njsss
  • Like 1

What Methos did you use to slide the dolly bars under the vehicle. I know you can raise the rear and get the bar under. How did you get the bar towards the front under it, or was there just enough clearance?

Richard aka someotherplace said:

They would have really not liked watching their expensive car get dragged up the deck, that's for sure!

There kinda like a voter, if their told that is the way it has to be and they must except it.

They except it even though they don't like it. Because they believe that is the only way!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Njsss said:

Wow I wouldn't have let anyone block out pumps for few minutes, not several hours and certainly not days!!!

Very nice work

George - - Moore's BP
We'll see you on down the road

TowZone,  the method used to install the front dolly crossbar was to separate bar completely & slide each section  in between front of tire & lower portion of fender. Slight raise of wheel lift to install rear crossbar.

• Like 1

Thanks

The owner said his roadside was unable to find anybody to tow the car for more than 2 days (suppose gas station owner didn’t mind the attention). 

He may of been concerned at first, but was actually thankful. He also appreciated the amount of work involved & most importantly: ‘damage free’