Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Re: New Business - Join a Car Club

How does joining a car club help market your business? As a car guy, I love working around and transporting high-end Porsche cars and vintage exotics. In seeking new clients, I joined several antique car clubs and the Porsche Owner's Club as a way to promote my towing business. I offered transport services for these niches and put together a thick binder of photos showcasing the cars I transported. On several occassions, I set-up at the town's weekend fair with my vintage 914-6 on the deck. I attended car club meetings usually in my carrier and handed-out business cards with 20-percent off coupons for club members. It's a great, easy way to help promote your specialty niche and have a little fun along the way. And, many of the relationships I built (as club member) worked its way into transporting their cars, projects and repeat business serving the specialty shops I met transporting customer's cars. Working in the exotics car niche can be high-paying if you're critical to damage free transport and treat every vehicle like your own. The downside is the high cost of insurance where one damage can set you back for a long time. Don't be afraid of them as the load off-load process is no different than transporting a 65' VW. The key ... lots of ramping, soft-straps, ratchets, padding, a clean blanket for the driver's seat, AND, a fresh, clean pair of white tuxedo gloves to add a little zest-factor especially when the vehicle's owner is present. Most importantly ... have fun in club membership and cultivating new customers.     R.

1970 Porsche 914-6.jpg

Randall C. Resch