Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Send A Tow Truck and A Wellness Counselor?

Really, Joe Biden said:

So, for example, instead of sending two police officers with deadly weapons to that Wendy’s drive-thru in Atlanta, we could have sent a wellness counselor and a tow truck and then Rayshard Brooks would still be alive today and his three daughters would still have their daddy. Are you open to that kind of reform?”

How many Tow Companies and/or Operators would be willing to respond with an unarmed wellness counselor to any situation?

8 hours ago, TowForce said:

How many Tow Companies and/or Operators would be willing to respond with an unarmed wellness counselor to any situation?

Not me. I am not going to get into the whole Brooks thing, But I will say, if he was willing to fight with two armed officers, What was he gonna do with a care counselor and a tow truck driver? Or is it that Sleepy Joe is suggesting that the tow driver break another law and just move the car while Mr. Brooks slept it off inside? Oh and of course we would have to do it for free of course. He's drunk so we dont want to wake him.

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

I'll jump into this by saying Mr. Biden is a total and complete idiot. Until he straps on a gun and a badge and walk a mile in any officer's shoes, he should keep his comments to himself. No matter who responds to a subject that's prone to a violent temper and no respect for the law, there's immediate risk that a simple incident can turn ugly.  There are plenty of tow operator personalities that don't and can't display command presence because they aren't trained in violent interactions. It's not in any tow operator job description to walk into a violent situation in the same manner a paramedic shouldn't walk into a hail of bullets to assist a person down. That job's for law enforcement. So, howabout this, why not let the wellness counselor go in first and have the cops wait outside? We certainly don't want to offend the law breakers. I wonder what the survival rate would be then? As far as me being open to that kind of reform ... let my statement speak for itself.    R

• Like 2

Randall C. Resch

That's a big no from me. Mr Brooks was a criminal who disarmed an officer and attempted to flee before turning and shooting the taser at the officers. Don't call me into that situation until the subject is in custody or dead, and the only way that's going to happen is with cops with guns. 

• Like 1

This is representative of your typical DUI these days. Generally uncooperative and a sense of entitlement. Instead of being taught to cooperate with the police they choose to do exactly what this young lady did. Compound that with any level of intoxication it spells trouble. To think there are those that want to send a wellness counsel and a tow truck is unimaginable. Only maybe 3 percent of Tow Truck Drivers have any training for these situations and would be charged with a crime if the subject were injured. Less than 10 percent of tow truck drivers could protect themselves from an attack. That's right less that 10 percent have another experience or training to recognize, deescalate and defend should the situation become combative. Yes, I have studied this over the years and yes that number is astonishing. That's why is is important to call the police when a subject is passed out behind the wheel rather than attempt to wake them. I realize that is not what this video is about, but that is the most common situation a tow truck driver encounters.

Watching this video Ron included reminded of a similar incident years back where I covered a traffic unit who stopped a female for DUI. At the time he initiated the DUI stop, all was easy going until the female motorist failed the sobriety tests. When he told her she was under arrest for DUI, he was able to get one cuff on and she lit off like a banshee on-fire. The fight was on to the point he wasn't able to get both cuffs on. When I arrived, the officer got the loose cuff clammped to the front bumper of the police car. This little lady, wearing a nice dress, one shoe off, panty-hose torn, scuffed knees and all, proceeded to bust the antenna, rip both wipers, kick in the headlights and dented the fenders and hood. That my friends ... was the power of one pissed-off psycho woman clearly under the influence. She did aound $4,500 damage to the patrol car ... her third DUI.  From this video, in the minute twenty-or-so seconds it took for him to get her cuffed, this officer must have told her nearly ten times, "Put your hands behind your back", he yelled, "Stop", at least 15-times, and I don't know how many, "Give me your arms." This behavior is the new norm where all this could have been prevented with a little cooperation with the inquiring officer. He asked simple questions that simply required simple answers. Tell me Mr. Biden ... how could a counselor served the law in this incident. Go back to chasing ambulances.     R. 

Randall C. Resch

It seems today these people think they are entitled to do what ever they want and do not have to follow a lawful order. It drives me nuts with some of these people and I have to really control my German temper. I think when they go to court, let the judge view that video, and they should receive the maximum sentence allowed by law. No plea deals or 1 for 1 for good behavior. They have to serve the full sentence and when they get out they should have to do community service by going to schools and public places and show and speak about what they did wrong and why they got the sentence they did. Maybe, and it is a long shot but maybe people would start to think about could happen before they get themselves in that spot.

• Like 2