Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

I see on FB where some are seeking Haz Pay..

I've asked what Haz-Pay is and I am waiting for an answer. So, here is what I found regarding hazardous duty pay.

The amount of hazardous duty pay is determined by multiplying the percentage rate authorized for the exposure by the employee's hourly rate of pay. That amount is then multiplied by the number of hazardous duty hours to be paid. Hazardous duty pay may not be more than 25 percent of the employee's rate of basic pay.

For Civilians in General:

Danger Pay authorized under DSSR 652(g), unofficially referred to as "hazardous duty" or "imminent danger pay," is paid at a flat monthly rate (currently $225).

7 Facts On Essential Workers Hazard Pay That You Need To Know Now

https://www.forbes.com/sites/terinaallen/2020/05/20/7-facts-on-essential-workers-hazard-pay-that-you-need-to-know-now/#5ec258081483

Who pays the Haz-Pay and is $225 enough for Hazardous Duty. Don't Emergency Service have a Hazardous Duty Package. What Towing Company can afford that, keeping drivers from going to a higher paying job now is difficult. If we didn't offer a generous bonus program for those who actually put in the effort and work we would have a higher turn over. New guys often are not willing to work their way up, they want to be at the top the first day. That isn't how it works, not everyone get a trophy or a bonus here. Do you think that is unfair?