Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

American Towman Cancels All 2020 Tow Shows

Given the current climate of the pandemic … it has become

impossible to plan and hold our shows in these cities,”

President Henri “Doc” Calitri.

towmancancelled.thumb.jpg.5122099d0cf77dd9a6a76b70697ae172.jpg

In light of the uncertainties surrounding the Covid-19 pandemic, the banning of large social gatherings in the host cities and the concern for the safety of attendees and exhibitors, American Towman has cancelled all four of its 2020 shows in Cleveland, Las Vegas, San Antonio and Baltimore.

The decision was made after comprehensive discussions with each of the convention centers in those cities, a release from the company stated.

http://towindustryweek.com/

We are sorry the shows have had to be cancelled.....but in the current circumstances it is absolutely the correct decision......

I am particularly sorry for Steve and Doc and the whole American  Towman team  for the hard work already done so far to make it happen ...but now being thwarted by this awful disease....

A bunch of us from the UK  planned on getting across to Baltimore in November.......but as it stands today.... travel  was  going to be very  difficult  and probably having to quarantine both  ways,   

Plus  travel insurance  has a specific exclusion for Covid ...

It is particularly disappointing for me as I have managed to get across for the past 15 consecutive years and I am sure it  the best  Towshow  in the world ....

I was looking forward to meeting up and networking  with old and new  friends ...catching up with the very latest products , innovations  and  ideas to assist the Towing and Recovery industry worldwide

..I always have to pay an excess baggage charge with  cases full of goodies   that are hard to get in the UK ...on the flight home 

I just hope that a vaccine can be found to combat this  pandemic as soon as possible  and we can all get back to some sort of normal

In the UK  the lockdown is gradually being eased .....the main worry now ...is a second surge of infections as is being reported in some other countries ...

In 2021 we will be back !! 

Meanwhile....all stay safe and well..

John.

Edited by mushspeed

If there's anyone that I look forward to seeing in Baltimore is you John. I really enjoy your stories that you tell and the way you tell them. While it's confirmed it won't happen this year, perhaps our paths will cross in the future. I the mean time, be safe and healthy. Hugs to Aileen.    R.

• Like 1

Randall C. Resch

Randall ...sincere thanks for your kind words....and hugs to you both...

By way of an update .... the UK government is making it mandatory to wear face coverings on public transport, trains, in shops and supermarkets...with fines for those who do not comply ....

The annual UK tow show at Telford scheduled for  Wednesday 30th September - 1st October  is still on track to go ahead at the moment ....in what sort of form it will take... we are not sure ...

it is unlikely the Gala presentation evening and dinner will go ahead...so perhaps we will be sitting outside on the lawn  with a can of beer and a dominoes pizza delivery !!    all good fun !!..  

Meanwhile stay safe and well...

John.