Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

From TowTimes.com - One Phone Call

TowBot

Geri-Roskopf-2-275x300.jpgWhen I’m dispatching and answering the phone I never know who I’ll be talking to, or what information or towing and recovery situation I’m going to get. Sometimes I feel like answering the phone like a 911 towing dispatcher and ask: “What’s your towing emergency?”

I’ve had several different kinds of phone calls this week. I almost didn’t want to answer the phone because I really do not need any more sad news. It’s true when people say one phone call can change your life — for good or bad.

When someone calls you with tragic news, you’re caught off guard and not sure how to respond. It’s a helpless feeling not knowing what to say to ease the pain you can hear and feel in the person’s voice. You know how hard it is for them to even make the phone call, and then have the courage to tell you what’s happened that’s changed their life.

I spoke to a towing friend yesterday who experienced some terrible news this week, and she expressed how grateful she was for the outpouring of support they’ve received from the towing community – especially from towers they do not know personally. This support and their encouraging comments, I told her, are what she needs now to help in healing the heartache they feel.

While we’re competitors, when something sad happens to a fellow tower, competition is put aside and as a towing community (no pun intended) we all pull together.

But one phone call helped. It was from my grandchildren. And when I heard my 18-month granddaughter saying “Hi” several times and jabbering away, and my three-year-old grandson telling me about all the things he did that day, it helped make the world right again.

The post One Phone Call appeared first on Tow Times Magazine.

Vhm2viXegKg

View the full article and more on TowTimes.com

Archived