Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Flatbed wrecker hit while responding to an SUV rollover on I-475 (MI)

TowNews

FLINT (WJRT) - (08/06/18) - A flatbed wrecker was hit while responding to an SUV rollover along I-475 Monday evening.

It was one of two at the scene helping to turn the vehicle back onto its wheels.

The crash happened just before 6 p.m. in the southbound lanes of I-475 at Atherton Road in Flint. It's not clear if anyone in the passenger vehicles involved was hurt.

Both wrecker drivers were OK, but shaken up. They hope the crash will be an eye-opener about how important Michigan's move-over law is.

"I have kids I need to get home to every night. Every night. Get over," Justin Passmore, a manager for US-23 Auto Care and Towing, pleaded with obvious emotion.

The owner of the company, Donald Fee, said he'd like the move-over law to change even more.

"I would like to see it say 45 mph is what everybody needs slow down too," he said. "That is the courtesy that we give construction workers on the expressways when there are workers present -- 45 mph is the speed limit."

The Genesee County Hazardous Materials Team was called into the scene to help clean up a fuel spill from the damaged wrecker. Lane closures were in place for several hours.

RESOURCE LINK With Video

Archived