Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Tow-truck driver clipped by pickup on I-81 ramp (MD)

TowNews

WILLIAMSPORT — A tow-truck driver refused transport to a hospital Saturday after being clipped by a pickup truck while trying to load a vehicle on an Interstate 81 ramp near Williamsport, Maryland State Police said.

The driver of the Toyota pickup truck fled, police said.

The tow-truck driver was outside his truck, trying to load a vehicle on the I-81 northbound ramp to U.S. 11 on Saturday at about 3 a.m. when he got clipped by the pickup, Sgt. David Ward said.

The tow-truck driver was from a Frederick, Md., company, Ward said.

Motorists are advised to slow down on ramps when they see a vehicle, including tow trucks, on the side, Cpl. S. Bell said.

30 day resource link

I just made some calls and learn that this incident occurred on Saturday. The News is Slow even more so on the weekends. 

The driver is with Derek Towing in Fredrick, MD the person I spoke to with another company said it was on FB. I never saw it, did anyone viewing this news topic see it? If so, please send us an alert. TowNews finds the articles as they come up on search, word travel faster on social media. Problem with FB is it is so fragmented and frustrating to sort through, let alone keep up with. I am eventually going to cut back to just Family, a few Friends and a couple of Groups.

FROM THE COMPANY FB PAGE:

At around 2:45hrs Saturday 6/23/2018 on I-81 northbound on the Williamsport Exit Ramp, one of our drivers was struck by a probably drunk driver while loading up a car.

Our driver was able to warn the customer to move but was unable to get himself out of the way in time. The Silver Toyota Pickup struck both our customers car pictured and our driver. The probable drunk driver then backed up and observed what he had done before fleeing the scene.

Please be on the look out for a slightly older silver Toyota pickup truck with significant front end damage driven by a white male with a thick beard and glasses in his 20's or 30's. The damages should be to the front and passenger side. The vehicle may end up getting repaired or hidden.

If you know of anyone who was driving a similar truck that may have been involved in this crash please contact Maryland State Police @ (301) 766-3800 or drop us a line. Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

36052016_2374040675956689_43716033981899

Archived