Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

All done

MrsHook

We sold the heavy wreckers....  Russ Towing will live on, but Russ Automotive is out of the towing business.  I'm very happy that Tow Pro out of Holts Summit/Jefferson City bought us.  It's a relief to know that our customers will be taken care of.  Tow Pro has had our back (and vice versa) for many years.  Russ Automotive has built a huge expansion (growing in a different direction); Russ is still working some recoveries with Gary and his crew; and I am looking forward to quiet phones,  Sundays off....and maybe an occasional vacation!  It's been a great run, but this ole lady is happy to hang up the hooks.  Stay safe ... And remember that you're working a high risk job which requires specialized skills and you deserve to be paid accordingly!! ?

Congrats on the change. Change can be scary, I know I wondered about the consequences of exiting the towing and then auto transport business myself. I must say I am happier, although I do miss it for time to time.

Please stay active here, you have been such a valuable contributor to the board and industry as a whole, I would hate to lose your wisdom and insight. We could always use a guest contributor at American Towman from time to time, I have been writing regularly for them since January and have been contributing irregular articles for more than a year. An article with your writing style on what you have learned about transitioning out of towing and selling your tow business could help many folks that are contemplating the same thing right now.

I have enjoyed your perspective and passion for the industry, survival and advancement as well as your sense of justice that has shown itself throughout your threads here. Enjoy.

Archived