Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Re: Remembering Dave Lambert 1948-2017

rreschran

We remember our friend and industry trainer J. David Lambert who passed away a year ago yesterday. Rest in peace Dave. I miss you Dave and our on-going conversations ... you're not forgotten.

Dave was instrumental in helping to build the foundation of tow operator safety training to industry professionals. Dave formalized the life-saving concept of not changing tires on the highways by initiating TowFirst on his website. For those of you who didn't have the opportunity to know Dave, here's a website to view his contributions.   https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tow411/dave-lambert-north-america-towing-academy-05-17-17-t142035.html          R.

Dave Lambert.jpg

Randall C. Resch

I had the good fortune to speak with Dave several times while deciding how I wanted to proceed with my transition from owner/operator of a towing company to an instructor and consultant to the towing industry. He was always kind and generous enough to give me advice. I even stole, borrowed is more appropriate, one of his design features when I had my first company shirts embroidered for my consulting business. I included my logo on the back of the collar, making me identifiable from the rear while still keeping a business casual look to my shirts that made them appropriate for any event rather than looking like a Nascar sponsorship shirt.

Honestly, without his contributions to professional development within the towing industry I may not be here today as a writer and speaker myself. I have followed his career from the early days when he was developing the AAA towing procedure manual and found inspiration in his relentless dedication to provide accurate, fact based, tested and useful information. When I began my career as a tower I worked for a less than professional company, primarily a motor club provider and most, if not all of my "training" in the first year came from reading the AAA manual Dave was authoring. Learning about this type of material inspired me to enroll in as many other training programs as I could afford for self-improvement in my chosen career. I applaud Dave and the many other industry training pioneers that gave so much to help better our industry.

I must say, it took courage for him to to come out with TowFirst. As I recall, it was not well received at first by the motor clubs and their contractors, which were the very same groups Dave's training company depended upon for customers. It was a big risk, one that could have hurt him financially if it failed, but he had the passion to see it through. Commendable. I am sure it was not easy to convince motor clubs to spend extra on a tow service when their business model is based on satisfying their membership at as low of a cost point as possible.

Rest in Peace and thank you for all you did for our industry.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hard to believe Dave left this world 4 years ago today. Tow First was his project and it went all but dark with his passing.

For those who have a memory of Dave Lambert, take a moment to reply here. Then go down to the link provided if you believe Tow First should be revived. We have new members representing Motor Clubs joining regularly now that the activity level has increased dramatically. The Tow First mission Dave started deserves to continue in his memory. Let's make it happen and possibly save the life of a tow operator or road service tech. Together we can effectively change the numbers as traffic increases.

We continue to keep the dream alive on TowForce. The Tow First Graphic is continues to be featured in the side bar.

And a topic by Dave Lambert naming those who signed onto the Tow First Pledge which was recreated from Tow411.

Please take a moment to review the list of names and if yours appears in the list let us know. Also, if you believe this list should be revived add your name and company in reply to the topic found at https://www.towforce.net/topic/7554-pledged-to-tow-first/