Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

1980 ltl single axle with 750 Holmes

TowZone

Topic Originally Created by casetowing in August of 2010:

here is the newest wrecker that my friend pete has purchased i drove by and noticed it over the weekend. i wasn't able to get much info on it other than it came from ct. once i heard that i knew of someone that would know everything about it so don't let me down danny.. i hope to spend some time around the truck soon...

casetowing1.md.jpg casetowing3.md.jpg casetwoing2.md.jpg

by the way the kenworth on the right side is getting the 750 body from the wreck that he has. i will show the build once it starts it will be done in house by the same welder that built the tandem ford that he has. 
eric gee towing manager 570 404-0346
case's towing mansfield pa 570-662-1163 

Da Wash Boss said:

Again,,,, the truck is sold and I lose out on it.  That truck was owned by Plaza Service in Wallingford, Connecticut and sold for $7500.00 a few years back. The truck was purchased by Lombard Motors in New Haven, Connecticut.  The name Monaco Automotive was placed on the truck and the truck was never really used.  Monaco also has or had a beautiful and stunning Freightliner with a Holmes 750 that was a showpiece I wonder if he still has that one. Good luck with that truck I know for a fact its a great running truck. A friend of mine use to use it now and then when he was at Lombard Motors and he loved that truck.  

Danny Cassello
TRPC "EST 1963"

Plaza Tim said:

I bought that truck in 2000 from Michael's Towing in N.Y. we built the tool boxes, side doors and put new sides on it. Painted it and ran it. It was a great running truck. It didn't get allot of use with having  later model underreachs in the yard, it's to bad because it ran and drove so well, but we can't keep them all. If you have any questions I'll try to answer as best as I can.

Tim
Plaza Service Center Inc.
12 North Plains Ind. Rd.
Wallingford, CT 06492
(203) 269-3550
Da Wash Boss said:

quote by Tim
"It was a great running truck. It didn't get allot of use with having  later model underreachs in the yard,"

No reason not to use it. There are so many trucks you can still tow with that bar. Look around the corner from you at Plunskes they have fancy underlifts but the old weld builts and Holmes slings run everyday.  Just kidding with ya don't think I am slamming you,  that truck was and still is sweet.  The new stuff is nice and makes it easier but the old stuff can still tow quite a bit if you have knowledge of how to use a sling.  Glad to see you on here Tim, post some photos of all your fine rides or if you like I will come take photos of them and post them on here for you if that's okay.

Danny Cassello
TRPC "EST 1963"

casetowing said:

don't worry about old school this company is old school as it get they got there first underreach last year and it is only a zacklift. they only got it do to the 52 mack no longer being on the road. they towed every day with a 72 kenworth 750. I just wish i would of got pictures of that truck before the accident.

tim are you the one that just sold it.
eric gee towing manager 570 404-0346
case's towing mansfield pa 570-662-1163  

Plaza Tim said:

No, I sold it to Lombards in New Haven Ct. in March of 2008. I didn't know it had been sold again until I saw it here. It was actually pretty funny to open that page and see it sitting there still with my color scheme on it.

Plaza Service Center Inc.
12 North Plains Ind. Rd.
Wallingford, CT 06492
(203) 269-3550

Archived