Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Wheel lift & dolly

This is going to be the norm in the future/present. Many cars are electronically shifted & when the engine will not start you can not get many into neutral. The BMW X3 procedure is to put on lift, remove skid plate, turn allen bolt until it manually over rides the park pawl. This procedure is not conducive in a busy intersection & how many high end car owners want to see them drug onto the deck?

Hello from sunny (when its not raining) Orcas Island

With the increase of all wheel drive cars ,we have increased business in this area because we use dollies The competetive.local tow companies were doing damage to many police impounds by dragging onto bed and then jerking them off.We now do the majority of these impounds.

Kevin's American Towing Service
Ph: 631-654-8811

• 2 years later...

Living on an island I try to make the most of the ferry ride to the mainland by taking 2 at a time. I carry In The Ditch dollies with the 4.80 tires in the toolbox pictured, they just barely fit & both fit in one 48" toolbox which I had to search for the right box with the proper inside dimensions & style, dolly cross bars in the tray on top of the boxes. For me they mean a double payday or not if I didn't have them.

IMG_1269.thumb.JPG.01093cdd411d94aa2c4df876d3f1480c.JPG

• Like 3

Hello from sunny (when its not raining) Orcas Island

When preparing bids for law enforcement RFP's, having dollies on your carriers, with all the other, "specialty items", is a great plus against companies that don't include mentioning them in your Statement of Work. Narrative should include the ability to tow two vehicles from the same accident or impound scene. All of my carriers had dollies on them and local cops were aware of that to increase the transport-ability during special enforcement scenarios.      R.    

• Like 1

Randall C. Resch