Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

What would you do "Safety Discussion 20"

My take.

Guy in front is crazy ! Jackknife truck a bit to get that flat off the white line more.

Guy filming is nuts too, but not as bad though.  You cannot expect every car to get over when you are at "the scene" .  You need to be way further back as a pre warning, especially on a corner.

This is total insanity.Definately no safety training .Its a given nobody is going to move over.Cones or triangles at least.We see this almost everyday around here .Often I do stop and put out cones for other company just to keep anyone from getting hurt.

Kevin's American Towing Service
Ph: 631-654-8811

Exactly if I had to do that I'd toss the nose to the rt side then take a few chunks of lumber behind the blown tire lower the wl to raise the front. Use my impact gun mac 20v to assist in speed. Also have a eye on traffic never sit in the lane of travel. Up and rolling in less then 10 min as long as spare did not need air if air needed 11 min max.

Personally, I would gas it through to the next exit in this situation. No way in hell or Washington DC would I even stop on the side of the road. And I would expect my employees to do the same. Of course a thorough pre check prevents a number of issues as well.

Last year, I made a New Years resolution to myself. It was blunt, to the point, and slightly profane. "If you do not give a duck about me, I am not going to give a duck about you." I am not assisting others by taking on any extra RISK, I am not doing favors for those who do not have care or regard for others, and I am not seeking to win a popularity contest.

I sleep much better at night.

6 hours ago, goodmichael said:

Personally, I would gas it through to the next exit in this situation. No way in hell or Washington DC would I even stop on the side of the road. And I would expect my employees to do the same. Of course a thorough pre check prevents a number of issues as well.

Last year, I made a New Years resolution to myself. It was blunt, to the point, and slightly profane. "If you do not give a duck about me, I am not going to give a duck about you." I am not assisting others by taking on any extra RISK, I am not doing favors for those who do not have care or regard for others, and I am not seeking to win a popularity contest.

I sleep much better at night.

My thoughts exactly. I will sit behind one of MY OWN trucks and help them get loaded quicker. No way am I blocking a lane, much less for another company who will blow by me riding the white line when I'm roadside loading a car. I will stay in the slow lane, get as far left in the lane as I can and slow wayyy down to force those behind me to do the same.

IMG_20180330_234925_340.thumb.jpg.6cffaabe37ad88324b207c76564ffdf4.jpg

Of course these things help too. All this took was about $50 in cones and around a minute to walk them out and not one car passed me in the slow lane. If you're not willing to invest that little bit to save your own life, why should I risk mine for you?

Archived