Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Don't be a Fanatic about it.

TowZone

25 Jun 2005 08:31

My quote is "Say what you mean and mean what you say!"

"Meaning what you say" doesn’t mean you need to become a fanatic, nor that there won’t be exceptional times when extreme circumstances may prevent you from fulfilling your resolve. However, these occasional lapses must be very rare and few in your lifetime. Note also, it is possible to be constructive and avoid harming others unnecessarily, even in extraordinary circumstances.
Recently, a dispatcher for a large towing company received a phone call. The man said, "I’m very sorry. I won’t be able to meet you to tow my car as planned. You see, my wife took ill and I have to look after a large number of details. But I just wanted to let you know I won’t be available today.
Something else of great significance interrupted this man but he kept in mind that he had made a commitment and he tried to deal with that commitment as fully and honorably as he could. He had learned the lesson of self-discipline.

Again "it is possible to be constructive and avoid harming others unnecessarily, even in extraordinary circumstances."

• 1 month later...

Archived