Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Towing Software

Split Second Towing

Ok everybody, hang in there for a few seconds and i'll make my point,

First, I am a dinosaur and I will make no excuses for it. I have an almost 35 year old towing co (when billing and statements and payroll were pretty much all done by hand, on paper) and I like things to go smoothly and I don't like changes.....unless I make them and usually only because I realize I have to. If it's not broken, don't fix it.

I'm NOT however against upgrades and modifications, when its a good idea. So please don't give me too hard a time about being set in my ways. Now here's my point/question, back in the 90's I bought the original Tracker software for doing Statements, payroll, etc.... and I really liked it. Have used it for well, decades, I guess... my dispatchers liked it, bookkeeper liked it, everybody liked it, it was easy to train new office personnel on it...and our commercial customers liked the statement format, well here's the thing...... we lost the CD's it came on..... wasn't a big deal till finally, years later now, the puter it was loaded on has finally bought the farm.

Im currently still trying to salvage whats on the hard drive, and if I could find the disc's I would just start over on a new machine. But if I MUST move on to new software, I would like to find something similar.... and sorry, I don't want anything cloud based or anything I have to pay a monthly subscription for..... just a good solid towing specific software program, or I'm open to something similar.

I haven't yet tried to call Tracker to see what they might suggest..... (have you ever tried to call Tracker? it's like calling the DMV)... .but I have browsed their websites, along with other tow software webbys, and I am really not interested in what I am seeing....... so, after you tell me you think I need to move into the 21st century, tell me what you all think. and thanks.

.......Mike

We have great solutions here at Beacon Software. We are a cloud based monthly service. That means your software is never outdated, and you never pay maintenance or upgrade fees. This also includes lifetime training, and support. Feel free to give a call  if you'd like more info.

Mike Haney

National Sales Director

Beacon Software Company

(440) 237-6653 x107 – Direct

(866) 437-6653 – Sales

(440) 435-2855 – Fax

www.dispatchanywhere.com

• 2 weeks later...

We started with Tracker back in 1979 and love it.  We had three trucks at the time and now have grown to nine.  Last year we moved up to Tracker Touch and Drivers Dispatch.  It was the best thing we have ever done.  This past winter made the dispatching so fast and easy with all the info the drivers needed with out having to talk on the radio.  I am a little stubborn to change and still use the Garmin GPS but the Tracker Software  makes it so easy I have started to use the mapping software with great results.  I am surprised that you are having problems getting a hold of anyone.  I rarely have had trouble getting a hold of someone.  The only time I did I wanted a certain person and I called during one of the big tow shows.  I think you should try and call because it is a great software.

Kelly Neal  :drivin

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your input Kelly, Its been many years since ive had to call Tracker....but back when I first bought my software, for the first couple of years they were very serious about wanting a credit card # before getting into any details about support so we just kinda stumbled thru and found ways to patch and work thru our issues. But since I made this post, we have found the old CD's and were able to reload them on a new machine, so we are back up and running. Now here's an update, one of the reps from Tracker has recently reviewed the site and stumbled across this post, and called me. can you believe that? We've scheduled a time in the near future to get together and discuss my issues and needs. Now THATS customer service. Thanks Tracker.

That's Tow411 as well... It's a Force, a TowForce in the Industry.

Now that kinda explains my reasoning behind the TowForce name.

And several called me names for doing it a few short months ago.

A few supporters abandoned me saying it would never work out.

They said, I destroyed the identity of Tow411.net and Failure was a

Guarantee! I ask, "Can I collect on that and does this look like failure?"

Glad to hear that worked out for you.  I to stopped upgrading for a while but decieded I was missing out on some advances in the program and they worked with me to get to the lastest version.  Being on thee yearly help they are always availble to help and you get the lastest updates included.  They can also backup your data in case sometihing goes wrong with your computer and save you alot of time starting over.

Kelly Neal :drivin

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2018 at 4:52 PM, Split Second Towing said:

Ok everybody, hang in there for a few seconds and i'll make my point,

First, I am a dinosaur and I will make no excuses for it. I have an almost 35 year old towing co (when billing and statements and payroll were pretty much all done by hand, on paper) and I like things to go smoothly and I don't like changes.....unless I make them and usually only because I realize I have to. If it's not broken, don't fix it.

I'm NOT however against upgrades and modifications, when its a good idea. So please don't give me too hard a time about being set in my ways. Now here's my point/question, back in the 90's I bought the original Tracker software for doing Statements, payroll, etc.... and I really liked it. Have used it for well, decades, I guess... my dispatchers liked it, bookkeeper liked it, everybody liked it, it was easy to train new office personnel on it...and our commercial customers liked the statement format, well here's the thing...... we lost the CD's it came on..... wasn't a big deal till finally, years later now, the puter it was loaded on has finally bought the farm.

Im currently still trying to salvage whats on the hard drive, and if I could find the disc's I would just start over on a new machine. But if I MUST move on to new software, I would like to find something similar.... and sorry, I don't want anything cloud based or anything I have to pay a monthly subscription for..... just a good solid towing specific software program, or I'm open to something similar.

I haven't yet tried to call Tracker to see what they might suggest..... (have you ever tried to call Tracker? it's like calling the DMV)... .but I have browsed their websites, along with other tow software webbys, and I am really not interested in what I am seeing....... so, after you tell me you think I need to move into the 21st century, tell me what you all think. and thanks.

.......Mike

We use Towbook and they have proven to be the most cost effective and the best at working with your specific situation. I tried to go to a few different companies about integrating some of our motor club work and the only company that would even attempt to integrate was Towbook. The integration took a few weeks but it worked and they added a bunch of custom features we wanted also. They are constantly available and the features update constantly also. Our billing is through them along with everything involving the business on a daily basis. I can’t say enough about how easy the program is and the cost is great compared to others. It is a monthly subscription but it’s not expensive and I love that there’s no upfront fees. Good luck!

• 1 month later...

I am looking into software as well. I'm torn between Towbook and dispatch anywhere. Towbook answered the phone where as Beacon software did not. That tells me when I have a problem they may not answer then and I will be shit out of luck. I am waiting to get ahold of Beacon still and trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Da from beacon software sometimes gets busy. They are working on a new beta version. I never used towbooks but I can say as a dispatcher working with DA from beacon I do like a lot of it. I use it on my phone as well as on my laptop. I don't do accounting but this new version from what I'm told will auto bill. The mapping does streamline with tom tom which is what we use in our trucks for tracking.

My apologies if I missed your call. If you left a message, I'll get back to you. I often attend trade shows, and association events that take me out of the office. The last five days have been full of such events. Normally I handle all inquires myself but we do have a full staff of support reps that are always available. I do my best to answer inquiries in a timely manor but it's not perfect. I look forward to speaking with you.

We also integrate with all major motor clubs and insurance companies. Beacon Software pioneered digital dispatch almost two decades ago. 

Mike Haney

National Sales Director

Beacon Software Company

(440) 237-6653 x107 – Direct

(866) 437-6653 – Sales

(440) 435-2855 – Fax

www.dispatchanywhere.com

Archived